I was tasked to project manage the consolidation of 13 x Syspro (V6) companies into one Syspro (V7) company in 2015.
The first phase was a master file cleanup, standardisation and setup check. The following areas were covered:
Inventory Master (InvMaster)
I had to ensure each (unique) StockCode had the same description, Unit of Measure, Alternate Unit Of Measure and conversion factor, etc. – and that it represented the same item in reality – for all companies. I found the easiest way to do this, was to create a single ‘consolidated’ InvMaster – and compare each companies’ data to it.
Customer and Supplier Master (ArCustomer and ApSupplier)
Each companies’ Customer and Supplier accounts remained unique – but Area, Class, Branch, Terms Codes, etc. had to be standardised across all companies. Price lists and Contracts were also made unique.
General Ledger (GenMaster)
There was no time for a complete re-code of all GlCodes – so I prefixed each companies’ GlCodes to make it unique.
Other data and setup
Banks, Tax Codes, Gl Integration, Document Numbering, additional fields*, were just some of the list of areas that were covered.
*V6 uses AdmFormData, whereas V7 makes use of the (MUCH more convenient) ‘plus’ tables. e.g. [InvMaster+], [ArCustomer+], etc.
A staggered approach was used for implementation (as opposed to a ‘big bang’) – and this proved to be very wise. Learnings from each go-live were incorporated for the next consolidation run.
I wrote SQL Server 2014 scripts to handle the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of each companies’ Syspro data into the Consolidated environment. For the very first implementation, I ran the (list of 70!) manually – but the rest was done via SQL Server Jobs.