Consolidating several Syspro (V6) companies into one Syspro (V7) company.

I was tasked to project manage the consolidation of 13 x Syspro (V6) companies into one Syspro (V7) company in 2015.

The first phase was a master file cleanup, standardisation and setup check.  The following areas were covered:

Inventory Master  (InvMaster)

I had to ensure each (unique) StockCode had the same description, Unit of Measure, Alternate Unit Of Measure and conversion factor, etc. – and that it represented the same item in reality – for all companies.  I found the easiest way to do this, was to create a single ‘consolidated’ InvMaster – and compare each companies’ data to it.

Customer and Supplier Master (ArCustomer and ApSupplier)

Each companies’ Customer and Supplier accounts remained unique – but Area, Class, Branch, Terms Codes, etc. had to be standardised across all companies.  Price lists and Contracts were also made unique.

General Ledger (GenMaster)

There was no time for a complete re-code of all GlCodes – so I prefixed each companies’ GlCodes to make it unique.

Other data and setup

Banks, Tax Codes, Gl Integration, Document Numbering, additional fields*, were just some of the list of areas that were covered.

*V6 uses AdmFormData, whereas V7 makes use of the (MUCH more convenient) ‘plus’ tables.  e.g. [InvMaster+], [ArCustomer+], etc.


A staggered approach was used for implementation (as opposed to a ‘big bang’) – and this proved to be very wise.  Learnings from each go-live were incorporated for the next consolidation run.

I wrote SQL Server 2014 scripts to handle the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of each companies’ Syspro data into the Consolidated environment.  For the very first implementation, I ran the (list of 70!) manually – but the rest was done via SQL Server Jobs.