1. I’ve said it before – keep your staff training as close as possible to go-live. People forget. Quickly.
2. Have the training facility load your data! If the training is done off-site, people will be overwhelmed by the new environment – they’ll be even more lost if they do not see ‘their’ Stock Code, Suppliers, Customers, etc.
3. Have the training facility print and copy a few screenshots. Picture = 1000 words. Trainees can then make notes on these and take them back to the office. Save the cost of having a (traditional) training manual printed – nobody looks at them.. ever.
4. Ensure that the trainer show you how to reverse an entry. (Or fix a punching error). This causes 90% of go-live chaos: users do not know how to fix their own mistakes.
5. It is not often that a company gets the chance to investigate their business processes as thuroughly as what usually happens during a ERP implementation and training sessions. Make use of this opportunity to improve and streamline your business!